jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why when I'm a sleep I sometimes dream I'm floating through my house in the dark

1. Winteel profile image53
    Winteelposted 6 years ago

Why when I'm a sleep I sometimes dream I'm floating through my house in the dark as if I'm awake?

I'm aware of what's going in an have difficulty waking myself up.

2. emdi profile image75
    emdiposted 6 years ago

have u ever been to  Thailand or do u have some friends over there? Probably the news about the flood in Thailand might be troubling u in ur sub conscious mind. Next time when u get these type of feeling, check some of my hubs. I have a few to cheer up.

3. cmontijo profile image59
    cmontijoposted 6 years ago

This has happened to me once, I was sleeping and I was floating around myself and looking at myself while sleeping. For what I know some people and I'm quoting "have the ability to go out of their bodies during their sleep" I don't know how it can be done, but it happens. What I do when i get those strange feelings is that as soon as I wake up and do some meditation. For example: Concentrate in your breathing, inhale and exhale you will find yourself in great state of mind, you will basically clear your mind of tension and problems and then you will again sleep peacefully. You can use this method before going to sleep. I hope this helps.

4. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

It's possibly one of two things - lucid dreaming or an OBE,(out of body experience) Try and keep a journal of the dates and times that you have these dreams and often you will see a pattern emerge. Normally any OBE's that I have had come when I'm very relaxed with no major worries going on at that particular time. Sometimes you can also sense when you are going to have an OBE.

5. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

I have never had this happen to me once in my life. I know I have really strange dreams when I drink too much caffeine.

6. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Sounds an OBE or Astral Travel. You can use some Hematite to help keep you grounded in your body when you sleep, or you can just enjoy the experience and ask for your spirit guide to help keep you safe and show you what needs to be seen while you are in the astral plain.

working