jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you know when you are menopausal?

1. Winteel profile image53
    Winteelposted 6 years ago

How do you know when you are menopausal?

2. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 6 years ago

I knew when I started to feel the hot flashes and then the sweats. I was tired all the time and seemed depressed. I am not feeling that way now and it did last a couple of months. Great question.

3. cmontijo profile image60
    cmontijoposted 6 years ago

I'm not female, but my mom asked to search for symptoms for it, and totally agree with lavender3957. My mom was in like a stressful mood all the time, used to tell me that her corporal temperature was higher than normal.

4. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I would suggest going to the doctor for a routine blood test and that will tell if you are menopausal and what stage you are at. I did this a few months ago and was told that I was peri-menopausal which is the beginning of it. I don't get night sweats, but I do have hot flashes and feel tired most of the time. I get quite emotional and weepy at the smallest of things. My partner says that I am quite snappy some of the time.!!

5. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

You turn into a raging bitch.  Seriously.

6. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

You know you've started menopause because it feels like you don't know anything and you're going through puberty all over again wink lol

7. Mercia Collins profile image70
    Mercia Collinsposted 6 years ago

Higher temperature, forgetful, over-emotional, feeling 'different" to normal. Alcohol affects you more than it used. Tiredness and lessening of tolerance to lack of sleep. Sadness, Moodiness, all those and more

8. Sneha Sunny profile image84
    Sneha Sunnyposted 6 years ago

I think you get irregular menses. Rest I don't know :-/. There must be some other problems as well (of course :-/), as there is a change in hormonal level.

working