Is it really needed to pay cancer board members so much?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Is it really needed to pay cancer board members so much?

i read how some of the people working for Cancer fundraisers are making hundreds of thousands a year. does this turn you off from giving money to it?

2. GoodLady profile image93
    GoodLadyposted 6 years ago

Wouldn't have thought so.   I don't live in USA so not sure if we have Cancer fundraising individuals here; it is an anarchic country - but sure as eggs are eggs, if there's money to be had from any organization here in Italy, then there's money to be skimmed off the top unfortunately.
    Sad old world we ended up being out of control of!!!

3. fit2day profile image75
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

Big time turnoff. Many of them receive funding from companies who make profits from cancer causing things, so the most they'll say in terms of prevention is don't smoke and maybe exercise and eat right. They're not interested in a cure, they're interested in profits. The sad thing is the people doing all the hard work believe it's a good cause, but these fat cats are profiting big time.

I recall a guilt trip question when I was at a store "would you like to donate a dollar to save a child's life". Of course I'd donate money to save a child's life, but the reality is that's not where the money goes. Truth be told there's more than enough money, just not enough desire to get rid of this big money making disease. It sickens me and I know people give because they believe these people are doing the right thing, but they're lying for profit.