How do you get out of a cold weather slump?

1. jencooper profile image60
    jencooperposted 6 years ago

How do you get out of a cold weather slump?

It seems like being so cold just puts me in a slump...all I want to do is curl up on the couch under a nice warm blanket!  I am looking for the best ways to not feel this way, if there are any smile

2. Cara.R profile image76
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

I get as much daylight and indoor light as I can during the day and most of the evening until around 8pm, then dim the lights the closer it gets to bedtime. I also play sounds of birds chirping, not very fond of water sounds. But the other day I was doing some house work and it was raining out but the sounds of spring were playing in the background,forgot it was gloomy weather.Listening to music that makes me want to dance, that gets me out of that winter slump too.

3. kimh039 profile image90
    kimh039posted 6 years ago

Understanding what causes a winter slump or “winter blues” helps us understand what we can do to feel better when we notice the symptoms and behaviors.  Jen associates the slump with cold temperatures and Cara associates the slump with light and springtime.  Both are aware that they seem to hibernate in the winter.  What causes "winter blues" and how is it treated? read more

working