jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

If you smell something really bad in line at the grocery store, do you comment o

1. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

If you smell something really bad in line at the grocery store, do you comment or just ignore it?

2. calpol25 profile image67
    calpol25posted 6 years ago

I would comment smile

3. lildevilchild27 profile image59
    lildevilchild27posted 6 years ago

comment so no body thinks it was me smile............

4. mediawizard profile image66
    mediawizardposted 6 years ago

I would give a nice, little rude comment about and also complain to the manager:)

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Depends on what it is.  If it is of chemical nature, I would comment.  If something else, I would probably not say anything.

6. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

I always make it a point to bring it to the notice of the store staff.

7. whizzer profile image76
    whizzerposted 6 years ago

I agree, it depends on what type of smell it is. If you are in the queue at the checkout, I would strongly suspect that the smell may be emanating from another customer. If this was the case I would certainly say nothing at all. To do so would be the height of bad manners. If I thought the smell was from some rotten foodstuff then I would discretely mention it to the checkout operator.

8. Rachelle Williams profile image90
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

I usually just ignore it, but I'm sure that I should report it to someone.  Thanks for making me think about this one in the future.

9. hirundine profile image59
    hirundineposted 6 years ago

As a vegetarian, the meat counter always has a bad stench. Yet it would be pointless to comment, or report it. So, I ignore it.

It reminds one of twenty years ago and the smell of second-hand smoke. The people who would make a comment about the dangers of carcinogens; were branded, "nut jobs", etc?

10. athena2011 profile image56
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Kinda depends on the type of smell I think it is. if it smells like rotten food I would probably comment. However, if it could potentially be body odor or something else coming from another customer I would not say anything, so as not to embarrass that person.

working