jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is laughter contagious?

1. learner365 profile image78
    learner365posted 6 years ago

Is laughter contagious?

2. yui lockhart profile image59
    yui lockhartposted 6 years ago

yes, because you can make a person laugh with your laugh.

3. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I think it is and what a wonderful thing to spread around. I particularly find that when babies are giggling I cannot help but laugh too. They are so adorable.

4. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 6 years ago

just as negativity and depression can bring you down..alas ! Laughter can pick you up and it is contagious...like yawning, it also is contagious...Try not laughing when someone else starts, it's almost impossible not to laugh and you may not even realize what was so funny......

5. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

absolutely....especially if you are in a card shop, reading the cards, and start laughing..others come over to ask what you are laughing at...and pretty soon it snowballs....

6. BlissfulWriter profile image70
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Certainly, laughter is psychologically contagious.  Even if a joke is not funny and we would not laugh if by ourselves; but if someone else laughs, we laugh.

7. Ancillotti profile image60
    Ancillottiposted 6 years ago

Yes, laughter is contagious for even the hardest hearts. There is no way to resist the crack a smile when you see someone falling into laughter, but I think it's best that happiness is contagious too. The laughter wells can last minutes, but decide to be happy and make others happy is for life.
    Be happy

8. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I think so......sometimes all I have to do is look at someone who is smiling at something or laughing, and I burst out laughing.  And when I get into a fit of giggles, I can't stop laughing.  My friends and I are sometimes are close to tears we are laughing so hard!