jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are some good strategies for waking up early?

1. arthsabi profile image59
    arthsabiposted 6 years ago

What are some good strategies for waking up early?

2. m0rd0r profile image76
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

My 2 cents:

Provide at least 7 hours of sleep. (e.g. If you need to get up at 6:00, get to bed not later than 23:00)

A glass of wine before bed promotes sleep very well for me.

If you are not a wine person - Have a cup of mint tea before sleep.

--

Waking up - get your procedure straight up.

Coffee/tea maker that will start boiling (and smelling delicious) at 05:55.

Phone ringer at 05:59, as far from you as possible.

Another ringer (e.g. Clock) at 06:01. Choose mild but loud ring tone that is not annoying.

Get up and don't get back to the bed when you snooze the ringers. Go to the kitchen and pour a coffee or tea.

Sit in front of TV or PC and read the news. Comment on your Blog/Hub/Lens/Barrel.

Shower and get to work wink

3. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

If you are a coffee drinker, use an automatic coffee maker so you can smell fresh brewed coffee when you wake up. Buy your favorite breakfasts to look forward to. Force yourself up. In a week or two, your body will be used to it.

4. profile image53
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

Great advice so far.
    I would like to add waking up to your favorite, energetic song.  (A CD or MP3 alarm clock) Waking up to a song that gets you pumped, starts you dancing, singing or banging your head, whichever your musical preference, will create a positive mood and increased energy, and prepare you well for the new day.

5. LoriSoard profile image76
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

I have several alarms going off, or I'll just sleep right through them. Also, I will occasionally use free wakeup call services to call my house phone and wake me up.

6. cbl2988 profile image61
    cbl2988posted 6 years ago

Okay, three things: (1) Go to bed at a decent hour, (2) Alarm clock, (3) cold shower.... and if that doesn't work, (4) coffee!!!! Well, I guess that turned into four things, not three. Good luck!

working