jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best way of dealing with depression?

1. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

What is the best way of dealing with depression?

2. The Blagsmith profile image77
    The Blagsmithposted 6 years ago

Write it out through poetry or prose. It can be a great emotional release and besides gives you something to do other than preying on yourself,

3. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 6 years ago

What is the best way of dealing with depression? Attack it from multiple directions at once: medicines, therapy, exercise and eating right, bright light therapy, "alternative" treatments, and so on. read more

4. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

Thanks very much for the advice, greatly appreciated.

5. profile image0
    Dr Rabieposted 6 years ago

I think depression besides treatments and drugs needs great social support from the people surrounding the depressed person.
    Social intimacy is very effective in psychiatric disorders.

6. DrMikeFitz profile image59
    DrMikeFitzposted 6 years ago

can drugs of any kind RESOLVE depression? i think not. do THErapists help having you come back each week? i think not. does sympathy help? not likely. anyone who has a license is not allowed to heal or cure you-period. "treating" you does not mean the issue is both resolved, and dissolved-GONE.

why look for a solution outside yourself for something that is internal? does not make sense. (unless all you really want is to take drugs)

i have seen most people have UNREALISTIC expectations on others and themselves is the root cause of the low feelings/anxiety. most people are comparing their life to a fantasy to what you think it should be, instead of seeing what it is, and recognizing the benefits, and what form they are in.

by identifying the drawbacks of our fantasies, we can then balance the mind, and open the heart, and begin to live in gratitude.

7. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

Seek the help of a qualified professional.

working