jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best way of dealing with depression?

1. dbeezybaby profile image61
    dbeezybabyposted 5 years ago

What is the best way of dealing with depression?

When dealing with depression due to the loss of a loved one or other life changing events what is generally the best way to not only move on but also gain/find help? what would u suggest?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Counseling my friend. Please do not suppress it. Get it all out. Let yourself grieve. I wrote a Hub about it if you would like to check it out? Good luck... God Bless.

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

JThomp42 has got the right answer. My husband has been suffering since he was thirty. Had he done exactly as the doctor recommended he would have overcome his problem sooner and there is a great chance he would not still have to be on medication. Thank God (and the medication) he's doing very well even while in dire straits.

4. jenbeach21 profile image79
    jenbeach21posted 5 years ago

I would also recommend therapy. When you find the right therapist they can change your life and help you out of the depression.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

While one person might succeed with depression from a method, that method might not work for another person. Mainly, I've found that caring friends can be just as good as a therapist. You have to have a sense of closure, or a sign to yourself that the moment is over and set so you can move on. Filling your home with color, enjoying the little things, etc. Just the small things make a difference in depression and your life.

1. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Depression or the blues? There is a Huge difference. I live with Clinical depression everyday. Some days it's even hard to get out of bed. When depression is this bad? You definitely need counseling. And medication. I wish I could enjoy little things

6. dbeezybaby profile image61
    dbeezybabyposted 5 years ago

i thank you all for your answers, i would like to add that neither I nor anyone i know going through such a major case of depression at the given moment but as a way of me getting into the character of one of the people in my story i needed to get a deeper understanding of the process. i thank you all for your feedback!!!