jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How long does a runners high last?

1. romper20 profile image84
    romper20posted 6 years ago

How long does a runners high last?

I have been on an endorphin chase the past few weeks. I love the feeling of exercising rather than sitting on my ass doing nothing so I have switched over. I HOPE! How long does a runners high last throughout the day? I know it would vary per person but typically I am starting to get the effects from a run 6 - 10 hours after then its time to RUN AGAIN!

2. tribook profile image60
    tribookposted 6 years ago

I don't particularly feel a runner's high unless I stop exercising all together.  I must have a steady high that only dips when I go cold turkey from exercising! I love feeling in shape and at high level of fitness and this translates into an overall happier self

3. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I thought that runner's high was the feeling you got directly after running. I really liked it but it seemed to diminish the more I ran. Unfortunately I currently have a slight achilles injury so my beloved running is on the backburner sad.

4. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

Runner's high is the endorphin rush a person feels after exercising, any exercise, not necessarily running. However, tolerance can be built up to the endorphins which means you'll have to exercise more, or more intensely to compensate. It normally lasts approximately 15min to 30 min depending on metabolism, usually closer to 15 unless your metabolism is very slow.

working