jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What Motivates you?

1. richbrayan profile image73
    richbrayanposted 6 years ago

What Motivates you?

Sometimes in life, you go through difficult patches not knowing how where the next bend is going to appear. When such times occur how do you motivate yourself to keep striving on???

2. Robin Cristy profile image59
    Robin Cristyposted 6 years ago

What motivates me is accomplishment. It doesn't matter the level of task.  It could be as simple as doing a favor for a family member, friend, or student.  Likewise, it could be as significant as something life changing.  Whatever it is, the end picture, the accomplishment, keeps me going.

3. Ana Teixeira profile image83
    Ana Teixeiraposted 6 years ago

i remind myself of where I want to get to... and what i want to do with my life

4. Born2care2001 profile image74
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

When I was younger the destination was almost always on the top of the list. Going through difficult patches sometimes motivated me because I knew the prize would be more gratifying.
    Now, gratification has given way to fulfillment and the journey is incredibly more important than the destination. The difficult patches now motivate me as I have chosen to welcome them as part of the journey and I view them as opportunities to learn more about myself and my contribution to the world.
    Great way to pose this question!

5. That Grrl profile image69
    That Grrlposted 6 years ago

Time moves forward with or without us. Standing still isn't going to work so you have to keep moving forward, one way or another. You get to decide if you walk, run or crawl.

6. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

The thing that motivates me the most is my personal drive to succeed. I also feel motivated when others recognize what I do and acknowledge me for it.

7. MsDora profile image97
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

Focus on your purpose.  Also, keep some motivational material handy, and muster up the strength to read.  Then act on the inspiration you receive.