jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What motivates you when you're running?

1. LauraGT profile image92
    LauraGTposted 5 years ago

What motivates you when you're running?

2. shuck72 profile image85
    shuck72posted 5 years ago

Trying to get fast so I can beat my personal record in a 5K.  And also, thinking about being able to eat what I like without getting too fat.

3. jaswinder64 profile image59
    jaswinder64posted 5 years ago

When you are running, your goal motivates you, because you want to accomplish your goal.

4. lawrence2012 profile image55
    lawrence2012posted 5 years ago

Whenever I would run, back before both my knees were completely shot, the experience itself was motivation enough.  I had a highly stressful day job, but running always seemed to clear my head and allow me to think of fresh ideas that I otherwise could not.

5. Brightonbreezy profile image61
    Brightonbreezyposted 5 years ago

Some good music, something uplifting to pump you up. Sometimes podcasts are a better choice as you can get really invested in what they are talking about. Off course, don't get too interested in compiling a playlist and actually get out there!

6. iloveyoujenny profile image72
    iloveyoujennyposted 5 years ago

My biggest motivation when running is the music I'm listening to. I like really fast, upbeat music so that it motivates me to go faster. Oh and classic rock like queen, the doors, ac/dc help me get motivated smile

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
    -Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder

7. IDONO profile image80
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

The distant image of a port-a-john on the horizon. That always gets me going.

8. LacretiaHardy profile image62
    LacretiaHardyposted 5 years ago

I'll let you know when it shows up and I start running...

9. mikgio profile image78
    mikgioposted 5 years ago

The knowledge that I am getting fitter and better at running motivates me, also, music helps to keep me motivated, especially listening to songs like "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor !

working