jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Are there any herbal supplements to help with menopause?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Are there any herbal supplements to help with menopause?

With all the negative symptoms of menopause, are there any natural remedies like herbal remedies that can alleviate the problems associated with menopause?

2. MarcyL04 profile image60
    MarcyL04posted 5 years ago

IWow!  I can relate to you question.  I know exactly what you are dealing with.  I have just been suffering with it LOL and try to look at it as a blessing.  Anyway, if you want the best advice about menopause and any other health issues you want to approach naturally you should go to: http://www.susunweed.com/   If you are not familiar with her.., she is one of the best, if not "The" best online.  She is all about womens health issues and approaching it with all natural remedies. 

Good Luck! smile

3. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

Being a woman who has gone through it, as well as a clinical herbalist, I so hear you.
    There are quite a few herbs that can be used to help alleviate menopausal symptoms.
    Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) is probably the most well known and most used herb for menopause symptoms
    Chaste tree (Vitex agnus castus) is also sometimes called Vitex from it's Latin name.
    Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is also recommended during menopause. Dandelion works on the liver
    I wrote a hub about it a few weeks back.http://cloverleaffarm.hubpages.com/hub/Sex-and-The-Menopausal-Woman. You can go there to read the rest of the herbs.

4. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Thank you for the answers so far.  I am not quite of the age yet to be going through menopause myself, but I know it is in the future. I know people in the past, who have struggled  with it rather severely, and a couple people now that struggle with it. I thought it would be a good question to research now, and plan for.

I like the idea of treating things in the most natural ways possible, and I love herbs. So thank  you, Marcy and Cloverleafarm for your answers so far. I am 41 now, and imagine I have a few years left before it hits for me.  It is great to learn from people that know more about it than I do. Have a great day.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

Black Cohosh is supposed to help with hot flashes, etc.  I have never tried it, but I know people who have and they swear by it.

6. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 5 years ago

I have written an article on menopause. Dr. Becker has wonderful supplements and recommendations for the night sweats, mood swings, ect. I have included other useful websites, and where to get his supplements. It truly helped me, as I will be turning 50 this year, I know what you are going through. A box fan at the end of the bed helps also.

working