jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why would someone change their physical appearance?

1. soconfident profile image82
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

Why would someone change their physical appearance?

2. Jlbowden profile image92
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Most likely it depends on the particular person and what his or her motifs behind changing their appearance is. Sometimes entertainers for example...actors actresses want a different look for their audience and so seek a face-lift, tummy tuck etc... to further impress their audience possibly.  Or out of boredom, they simply need a different look, not just to impress others, but make them feel better overall about their physique. This is just my personal opionion on the topic since there could be many other reasons why someone would want to change their physical appearance.

Jl

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

To change things up. To shake their surroundings. In other words, they are bored. To make someone else happy. To provide laughter to a friend. To horrify someone. In retaliation! Anything basically. There are so many different reasons.
    I colored my hair blonde since I was 12 because I wanted to stay a blonde. Now, 8 years later, I like my natural hair color. So I changed it over a year to its true color.
    A girl I used to work with bought contact lens that changed her eye color to blue or green. She had brown eyes. It always made me happy. I would walk into work wondering what color her eyes would be like that day. The bright green of my ex boyfriend or the bright blue of Superman in the latest Superman movie.
    Some women are not happy with their breast size, so they change it. Yes, I think it juvenille. However, it happens.

4. colpolbear profile image96
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

I personally change my appearance based solely on what other people will like or not like (so long as comfort is still involved.)  I know I'll probably hear concerns about me not being happy with my own appearance, but I honestly don't care what I look like.  If no one was around to perceive me, appearance wouldn't be a concern at all, so why not appear as I'm wanted to?  It's not a popularity thing either.  It's just easier to look "good" and it makes me happier by making the people around me happier.

5. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Why would someone change his/her physical apperance?

Personally, I would change mine for the purpose of being more physically attracive to the opposite sex. ;-)

working