jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the secret to losing those 10 pesky pounds?

1. wymyczak66 profile image92
    wymyczak66posted 6 years ago

What is the secret to losing those 10 pesky pounds?

A lot of people think that if you're already skinny that you should have no reason to complain about having to lose weight, but for the most part I don't think they understand how frustrating it is to be so close to that goal weight that seems nearly impossible to reach! What did you do to finally rid yourself of those last 10 pounds you had been trying to lose?

2. cavallo profile image60
    cavalloposted 6 years ago

Trained my appetite to accept less. By stifling my hunger, ruining my appetite. There are many ways to do this. It lasts for life.

3. AnnaCia profile image84
    AnnaCiaposted 6 years ago

I might be publishing a program I have been working on about a "diet" regiment that has worked for 5 people already.  The goal is to loose 8-10 pounds in the first two weeks.  The next weeks to come are more difficult and takes longer, but I know Ill get there.  It is a way to train your appetite and the way you eat (like cavallo points out here).  How you eat, what you eat, what amount  are important aspects.  Calories intake and calories you burn.  I already lost 19 pounds.

4. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Avoid sugar especially the sugar that comes in the form of liquid beverages.  And decrease refined carbohydrate consumption, these are the breads, pasta, and pastries.   

There is a science that says that sugar increase blood glucose level, which in turn causes the body to secrete more insulin in order to regular the glucose level in the blood.  Guess what, insulin is the fat storing hormone and is what tells the body to store fat.  Therefore, less sugar mean less insulin which means less fat storage.  I wrote more about why sugar increases weight gain here: http://blissfulwriter.hubpages.com/hub/ … eight-Gain