jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are your thoughts on the latest Johnson & Johnson product recall?

1. alissaroberts profile image88
    alissarobertsposted 6 years ago

What are your thoughts on the latest Johnson & Johnson product recall?

Reading about the latest Johnson & Johnson Infant Tylenol recall, I was surprised to learn that this was the 25th recall in less than 3 years for the company. Does product recalls change your perception on the quality of the company or does it reassure you that they are doing everything in their power to deliver a safe product for consumers?

2. Lord De Cross profile image82
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

I have to check my baby oils and my shampoo. Got to find out why I'm getting gray hair ..faster than I thought. I'm worried now.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

That many recalls in 3 years means they are doing shoddy work or cutting corners when it comes to quality control.  Think about all the recalls in general in the past few years - everything from poisoned food to lead painted toys.  It's deplorable.

4. pearpandas profile image60
    pearpandasposted 6 years ago

Especially dangerous when used on children, but to be honest I don't trust any of these companies and make my own shampoo and soap (easier than you'd think)

5. kikalina profile image90
    kikalinaposted 6 years ago

Ouch.  Hard to hear when I have a stockpile of Johnsons baby shampoos in my house!

6. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

They put crap that should not be in or on the body for that matter. There are cheap natural ways that are much safer than their products. Instead of using their sleepy lavender bath for babies, get pure lavender oil, mix it with a little olive oil and put it on your baby or make a stronger dose for bathing water. That's just one example. We are unhealthy from over using commercial brands and eating over processed foods. I stopped using deodorant after finding out anti-freeze was an ingredient. Can we say breast cancer? Read labels and check into chemicals. There are a lot of things out there that come with great risks. Women are in more danger of the chemicals then men. Look into natural oils. They have a recipe for anything that you could need or that your baby may need. (fever reducer, pain reliever, rash, ect.)

7. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I didn't realize they had another recall. I am glad to hear they are being responsible and showing customers they value their business.  However, with this many recalls perhaps it is time time to look at the product worth to their portfolio. I try to use natural products for this reason or make homemade remedies.

8. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

It depends on the recall. Unfortunately, companies now have to take into consideration people with very low intelligence. I don't mean to sound harsh but when you read some of the reasons people are suing i.e. the coffee was hot or they slipped on a wet floor (proper sign in place) it makes me wonder.

In the past food and drug companies assumed most people had basic intelligence but that isn't always the case.

If it's food poisoning like Taco Bell or the spinach recall I take notice but if it isn't too serious I don't consider it negligence.