jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which childbirth option would you choose, if you had a choice?

1. nina64 profile image82
    nina64posted 5 years ago

Which childbirth option would you choose, if you had a choice?

2. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 5 years ago

The fastest way out!  LOL.  I had a traditional childbirth, lying down and pushing, but if you can get into a better position, like squatting, half sitting, or whatever, it does help give you better pushing power.  Basically, as long as the childbirth doesn't last three days or something, you will be fine.  Walk a lot, eat healthily, and hope for a short but effective labor.

3. aDayInMyLife1 profile image90
    aDayInMyLife1posted 5 years ago

What two of options do you mean exactly. There are so many. I'd love a midwife attended home birth without complication.

4. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

Homebirth with midwives. I've had a natural hospital and a natural homebirth (ie: vaginal birth with hardly any painkillers) and while these two experiences were the most amazing of my life, I preferred the homebirth.

I was about a hundred times more relaxed at home and I found that that actually reduced the amount of pain I experienced.

As for position, I found being upright much much better than laying down (might as well let gravity help, eh?!)

5. brenda12lynette profile image83
    brenda12lynetteposted 5 years ago

I haven't had children yet, but I am planning on using a midwife. I may change my mind about the second one after that smile

6. shannonerwin1 profile image59
    shannonerwin1posted 5 years ago

i would choose natural water birth i cant tell u the how beautiful and amazingly painless it is i was 16 when i had my son and i wouldnt change the memories it was by far the best memory i have and i did it with a midwife

working