jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the hardest thing to give up?

1. Lady Wordsmith profile image82
    Lady Wordsmithposted 5 years ago

What is the hardest thing to give up?

Tangible, intangible, trifling, important, human, animal, chocolate, cigarettes, alcohol, whatever.

2. meow48 profile image74
    meow48posted 5 years ago

undoubtably, cigarettes and food.  One is an addiction to handle stress and the other is necessary for life, and should be used in moderation, but well, it just tastes too good. hee.

3. Twilight Lawns profile image83
    Twilight Lawnsposted 5 years ago

Seriously, this time, I would find it difficult to give up being optimistic... and having a sense of humour, even in the most awful situations.
    So hang around when I'm on my deathbed... it could be amusing, but at least, as they say, it could be a "bumpy ride".

4. DanaTeresa profile image82
    DanaTeresaposted 5 years ago

Love, from another, from yourself, given to another...

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Hate to put this in writing, but it would be eating.  It is a source of comfort and how I handle problems with depression - and the side effects are "huge."

6. Sonya L Morley profile image61
    Sonya L Morleyposted 5 years ago

I gave up smoking a few years ago, it was hard but the benefits are endless and I still feel so proud of myself for quitting.

7. rikabothra profile image60
    rikabothraposted 5 years ago

One's ego would probably be the hardest thing to give up...

8. rehna rahim profile image58
    rehna rahimposted 5 years ago

TEARS..tears...tears..
    do you know tears can sometimes be more special than smiles..for smiles can be given to anyone..but tears are only shed for people we love!!!!

9. Galaxies profile image62
    Galaxiesposted 5 years ago

Cigarettes definitely. One of the most addictive substances on this earth, readily available everywhere, and the only good solutions so far are addictive gum and nightmare pills. fail

working