jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How to make yourself get into a healthier lifestyle?

1. alyssa1990 profile image58
    alyssa1990posted 6 years ago

How to make yourself get into a healthier lifestyle?

2. Rachel Richmond profile image59
    Rachel Richmondposted 6 years ago

Obnoxiously choose it!  It's the only way to get through the ego barriers of "ugh, I can't" and limitations set in place that for the life of us ... we got from everyone. Don't have a judgment about it, or adopt another person's judgment since it will screw your obnoxiously choosing up.

3. techygran profile image92
    techygranposted 6 years ago

How can you "get yourself" to have a healthier lifestyle? This hub addresses some of the ways you can keep yourself motivated to achieve and maintain a healthier lifestyle. Motivation has to come from within.  Here are some practical tips for defining, visioning, goal-setting and ultimately achieving that healthier lifestyle you desire. read more

4. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Quite simply, you can't make yourself; you have to want it badly enough to educate yourself, change what you eat, and improve your lifestyle.  If you don't want it badly, it will never happen.

5. Made profile image60
    Madeposted 6 years ago

Not by baking chocolate muffins like I did today. smile You really need to decide that today is the day I want to change my life to feel better about myself, my life and my body. Start exercising and start cooking healthy food that you like. Some days you need to eat something less healthy to keep up the motivation. That's how it works for me, but everyone is different. Good luck!

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

For me the hardest part was finding motivation and keeping it. I set goals like eat healthy cut out sugar walk the dog every day. Its important to set goals that are realalistic to your situation this way you wont end up disapointed in yourself. For me I set an alarm and forced myself to regualte my sleep so that I could maintaine a routine I know it sounds overwhelming at first but I lost 50 pounds and now my routine has become a simple daily part of my life there are so many things you can do post reminders or quotes for insperation around your house were you can see them and most important hold on to the hope and hold on to what ever drives you to live a better healthier life.

7. megni profile image59
    megniposted 6 years ago

Resisting the urge to eat more than you need. Reducing portions helps too. This is easier said than done and it takes effort. It means you must stop eating after you've finished your allotted amount, but that takes will power.

Also, not grabbing for that bit of comforting food when you are down and need comforting; grab a favorite book and start reading is best. Or turn on the computer and read hubs on how to stay healthy!

working