I wanna ask you something about age and bodybuilding issues?

1. profile image52
    retina61posted 6 years ago

I wanna ask you something about age and bodybuilding  issues?

hi from Turkey  you seems like a knowledge  person about  bodybuilding  issues. my name  is ahmet  yurdado?an and im living  the  Turkey  im 41  years  old. I started  bodybuilding  nearly 15 years ago and im still continuening the  working  with weights bu  now im  not  so young. What is  your opinion about age  and hard muscle working issues. should  I  lowest my  muscle building workouts?is  age important facor? I need  your advise I will be waiting  your answer.

2. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

Bodybuilding isn't really a problem as you get older if you approach it smartly. The most important thing for people who are of age is to increase the volume quite a lot. Do more sets and more reps, muscles will only grow from increased time under tension/progressive tension overload which is either dictate by an increase of volume by increasing reps. sets and weight or incorporating strength training such as 1 rep maxes, 2x2 3x3 4x5 5x5 sets with heavy movements such as deadlifts, flat bench press, squats barbell rows, pull ups and more of the kind. each workout should go that litte further e.g. if you do 4 sets of 10 reps on a hammer curl next workout either do 5x10 (extra set) 4x10 (add slightly heavier weight) 4x12 (same weight as the 4x10 but an increase of reps per set)

Start out with high volume workouts and make sure that you focus on the "anabolic" part of muscle growth which is the time in between workouts. Begin to foam roll as much as possible, massages, hit your macros and micros each day, warm ups properly, stretch as much as you can ... just be smart about it, don't add heavy sets in until you have trained high volume for a few weeks 6-10 because you might cause some injury.

If you need any help you can let me know on here.

working