jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you were just diagnosed with a terminal disease, would you tell your loved on

1. ananceleste profile image72
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

If you were just diagnosed with a terminal disease, would you tell your loved ones?

If you were just diagnosed with a terminal disease, when and how would be the best time to tell your loved ones?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6053395_f260.jpg

2. zzron profile image56
    zzronposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/2237075_f260.jpg

Of course I would, they need to be prepared and know what to expect.  If arranging a meeting is not possible, then I would at least feel obligated to make phone calls.  There is never a good time to discuss these kinds of issues but it needs to be done.

3. profile image52
    ozmadelroseposted 6 years ago

Being diagnosed with a terminal disease is a very emotional journey. Telling the people you love is important for you so you aren't on the journey alone. People who love you are there to support you. Being diagnosed with a terminal disease is nothing to be ashamed of. The more people to support you during your journey the better. Love will help carry you through this very hard time. You don't have to tell people the minute or even second you are diagnosed. Take a moment to yourself to breathe, and then tell your loved ones either individually or as a group. However, you feel most comfortable. Your loved ones are there for you during this time. It's okay to be vulnerable.

4. old albion profile image71
    old albionposted 6 years ago

An emphatic Yes from me. They need to know, they to have to adjust to this terrible news. You will need their help at some stage. Trying to pretend it will not happen is wrong.
    In the event you might well find that you need to be the strong one, you have to keep their spirits up, yes it's true. As you weaken some of your loved ones will be unable to take the strain. If you weaken they might well fall apart.
    I know this to be true.
    Best Wishes.

5. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

After I have digested the information and can handle the emotional turmoil, I would let them know as soon as possible about my condition. Preferably, early in the day.  Night time does not help a person to respond as well and deters ability to think rationally.  People will react  differently to the news and they will need comfort as well as you in dealing with the illness.

working