jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are the best cures for dry mouth?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image78
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

What are the best cures for dry mouth?

2. swb64 profile image59
    swb64posted 6 years ago

If it is ongoing you might want to visit a doctor, many illnesses can start out with a dry mouth.  My mouth wash/rinse is on prescription due to my sarcoidosis.

3. Kulsum Mehmood profile image64
    Kulsum Mehmoodposted 6 years ago

Keep peppermint in your mouth or chew a chewing gum. Drink sips of water from time to time. Take Omega-3 Essential fatty acid capsules.

4. Mac31 profile image60
    Mac31posted 6 years ago

Try drinking more fluids like water and even pedialite.  Pedialite is actually really good for replenishing your electrolites and helps out great with hangovers.

5. Tultul Ganguly profile image53
    Tultul Gangulyposted 6 years ago

Very simple, At first I must drink some water, after that if I feel the same, then I will take one or two juicy chocolate and put them inside the mouth. when my tongue will
    get the test of chocolate automatically problem will be solved.

6. MazioCreate profile image72
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

This may sound a bit icky, but my dentist said an old method was to rinse your mouth with olive oil. Now he didn't stipulate Extra Virgin etc, but he did say it seems to work.  Biotene comes in a mouthwash or chewing gum and a friend who experiences a dry mouth uses the gum product.  She says it works for her.

7. Cas Merchant profile image61
    Cas Merchantposted 6 years ago

All these suggestions are good and I hear they work. There is also a line of over-the-counter products designed to rid someone of dry mouth-Biotene is the brand name-that makes gum, toothpaste, mouthwash...I tried the mouthwash and gum about a year ago, and have been using them ever since.