jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

How do you keep up your energy?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

How do you keep up your energy?

I've tried vitamins, energy drinks, coffee, and more...even exercise...to fight fatigue and help myself feel more energized. None of that seems to work very well. Or maybe I just don't stick with any of it enough. haha. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago

I find exercise and good nutrition helps but like you there are times when I just don't feel energised. I put it down to our stressful, busy lives. All the technology, our work, our family issues, even the weather can have an affect on our energy.

When I do feel energised I have better days of course, and on the days I don't have energy, then I try and take things easier. I find fighting it just makes it worse.

3. emilybee profile image85
    emilybeeposted 6 years ago

I am in the same boat as you. I have one cup of coffee in the morning, don't exercise, hardly ever, and my diet is somewhat decent. I'm taking a new dietary supplement that's helping me...do you take vitamin C? If you're interested in checking out the link on my profile page, it might help you. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you!! No energy is a pain and I seem to have been cursed with it for most of my life.

4. profile image0
    Kathleen Kerswigposted 6 years ago

It's a challenge for me to keep up my energy all the time. I go, go, go for awhile and then I seem to crash and I struggle to get the energy back. I have learned to pay attention to my body and when I am tired I need to get rest rather than try to push through the fatigue. I always recover faster when I do this.

5. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

Sleep!  I get 8-10 hours.  And I stay away from the toxic vampires.  These people have nothing positive to say about anything, so don't get sucked in!  They are great at draining any positive feelings that you have (but only if you let them).

6. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 6 years ago

I try to exercise everyday..This has really helped. At first it is horrible..but if you keep at it..the energy comes!

7. LauraGT profile image91
    LauraGTposted 6 years ago

For me, as long as I don't stop, my energy stays high!  But, I do also eat very nutritious, low-carb meals, make sure I feed myself frequently with healthy snacks (yogurt or piece of fruit), and exercise.  I wish I had time to exercise more, but only make it to the gym 2x/week, but I'm very active with my children the rest of the time and try my best to build exercise in naturally (walking up the stairs instead of taking the elevator, etc)  Oh, and sleep!  I've never  been one for coffee, but I think like any addictive substance it probably makes you have ups and downs.  Good luck!

8. OldSkoolFool profile image60
    OldSkoolFoolposted 6 years ago

8.5 Hours minimum sleep per night. Helps recharge your body fully and gives you the energy you need to pursue the entire day in full.

9. rlaha profile image71
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I have started walking for at least 30 minutes in the mid morning every day. I usually feel really good after I walk and the rest of my day usually goes well.  I have more energy now that the weather has started to get better here. 

I don't think coffee and energy drinks would be helpful because their effects tend to wear off.  You can try eating nuts, more citrus fruits and more fibrous vegetables like spinach, raw carrots, broccoli, cabbage, etc.  You can also try sleeping at around the same time every night and try having at least 7-8 hours of a sound, restful sleep. Good luck!

10. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

Cancer radiation wiped me out for over a year after treatment - this is how I got my energy back:

3 Simple Ways to Increase Energy

http://eliminatecancer.hubpages.com/hub … rgy-Levels

11. BlissfulWriter profile image65
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

There are many causes fatigue including lack of sleep, lack of exercise, toxins in the environment, poor diet, nutritional deficiencies, and other. Fatigue can be due to some underlying physical cause that needs to be properly diagnosed and treated... read more

12. Escobana profile image72
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

Ten hours of sleep, 4 days a week of gym, healthy meals with carbs and proteines, fish, lots of fruit and vegetables, one junkfood-day a week for the crave of a hamburger, pizza or cookies and more important than any of the above...

Keep the same rythm with your meals, work-outs and sleep because messing up your bio rythm in general will make it harder and harder for you to feel healthy and energetic.

Good luck my friend!

13. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

Chronic fatigue is a common complaint plaguing the world's population. Why are we so tired? This article takes a look at what causes fatigue and how you can fix your chronic lack of energy. read more

working