jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What was your defining moment when you realized not everyone likes you?

1. INFJay profile image81
    INFJayposted 6 years ago

What was your defining moment when you realized not everyone likes you?

2. Escobana profile image74
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

The moment I entered Holland at the age of ten, joining my new school and my new class. I was presented as the new girl in class, immediately finding out who was going to make my life a living hell.

Marsha van Maurik.....I'll never forget her name ever. The leader of the girls, mean to any outsider, which I was. The beginning of bullying me started that exact day and she and her followers, made my life hell for the first six years I lived in Holland.

Can't think of a better way to respond to your answer although I recovered long ago from the first time I realized not everybody likes me:-)

3. KatyWhoWaited profile image60
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 6 years ago

- when my husband left! That pretty much about says it all to a person, doesn't it?  smile Actually, the very first time and defining moment was when I was 10 and my best friend, Mary, starting chumming around with a new girl, Ginny, who had just moved into the neighborhood.  (Believe it or not, the person my husband left for had the same last name as this little girl who my best friend liked when I was ten!)  The defining moment of that first realization came when my 10 year old little self confessed to a priest that I was jealous because my friend liked someone else.  I was consoled when the priest forgave "my sin of jealousy" and told me that when our friend likes someone else, it makes our friend more valuable.  (That didn't help too much when my husband left).  But life goes on, obla-dee, obla-da.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Umm... I've known this since before kindergarden. So I don't actually recall except that the bullies name was Ben. Ever since I dislike people who has the name or nickname Ben.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Lots of little things over the years.  But one really defining moment was when I was sitting at the table chatting with my sister-in-law and my husband's niece.  I don't remember the subject matter but I said something and I glanced up and the niece was looking at her mom with just a slight rolling of the eyes - and her mom sort of had a look of agreement on her face.  I felt about 2 inches tall.

It was incredibly rude but spoke volumes about how they felt about me.  It was sad because I really enjoyed my sister-in-law but never cared for the niece - she was always a snot.  I guess as an adult, I hear she still is.

6. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

When I went from California to Michigan in the 1980s... with a mohawk!

7. Teresa Clark profile image59
    Teresa Clarkposted 6 years ago

My husbands friend's daughter and I have yet to find what it is that I did to her, I never did like her but I was nice to her.