jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If he likes me, then why is he dating someone else?

1. AngelLambert profile image58
    AngelLambertposted 4 years ago

If he likes me, then why is he dating someone else?

I think he likes me but I need help. We both are similar and different. Like all people. My family and friends, and others, says he likes me but if that were true, why not ask me out. He asked her out, why not me?  He is tall, sweet, and stuff, plus skinny. I am chubby/fat, nice, and  stuff. Help please, I need to know, and others, says he likes me but if that were true, why not ask me out. He asked her out, why not me?

He is tall, sweet, and stuff, plus skinny. I am chubby/fat, nice, and  stuff. Help please, I need to know? Don't answer the other version of this please, it messed up.

2. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 4 years ago

I can think of many reasons why he would ask someone else out.
    1. He might like you in a platonic way ( best friend/sister kind of way )
    2. He likes her more.
    3. He knows she will say yes, and is unsure of your reply.
    Forget the Image thing, If a person likes someone, tall,short, skinny,chubby ,it's all irrelevant.
    The question is, if you like him, why don't you ask him out? If he says yes then he is interested, if he says no, you can move on.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Welcome to "The Friend Zone"!
    Clearly he sees you as being someone he (likes) but he has NO romantic interest in you. My guess is he also has NO idea that you are romantically interested in him!
    I suggest you set your sights on someone else. Unless you can truly accept being a "platonic" or "kid sister" friend/relationship with him then you may want to cut down on spending time with him.
    Hanging around  someone you want to be with romantically while hearing about their dates with other people is an act of self-torture. The thing about the "friend zone" is all of us has put someone in that box before. You are going to meet guys who like you but you have no interest in them. It's the circle of life.

4. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

He didn't ask you out because he doesn't want to feel rejected by you and feels the other person is more outspoken. He doesn't know if you would say YES or NO or he thinks of you as special and is giving his choice a second thought. Also he i snot into you as he is with her, just suggesting what may be his reasons. He doesn't like you as he likes her

working