jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What did cancer teach you?

1. alomusic profile image71
    alomusicposted 6 years ago

What did cancer teach you?

Many cancer survivors say that having cancer was the best thing at happened to them because they learned so much. I am interested in knowing what kinds of things such a difficult disease teaches people.

2. weezyschannel profile image85
    weezyschannelposted 6 years ago

Great question! I wrote about this issue on a couple of my hubs. I wrote this little poem or saying:

Remember, cancer doesn't care who you are, what you've done, or who you may become. It has no heart, it has no feelings, it has no mercy. It has  no preference in the color of your skin, nor the age. Cancer has no boundaries, no morality, no care in the world. All it knows, is that it wants to try and beat you. It's a battle of your mind, your soul, and your willingness to live. It CAN be done!

Having beat cancer, it taught me the meaning of life and my family. It taught me how to be strong, how to grasp every moment and cherish it.  I honestly put that part of my life deep down in my memory.  I don't even think about it anymore and I think that's the most important thing you have to do.  Go on with your life and cherish everything. You never know what tomorrow may bring, as I have had many more different health issues, and I have learned that life is no guarantee and you have to make the most of every day you are alive.

3. editorsupremo profile image65
    editorsupremoposted 6 years ago

Cancer taught me to live and enjoy each day the best that I can, even when I was vomiting after a chemo session!

4. profile image0
    Fatigmonposted 6 years ago

Cancer taught me how fragile and transient this life is.

working