Does extra rest really help you recover from a cold faster?

1. DanaTeresa profile image84
    DanaTeresaposted 6 years ago

Does extra rest really help you recover from a cold faster?

I have a hideous cold. Part of me thinks I should lounge in front of the TV all weekend drinking herbal tea. The other part of me thinks I should get up and do things like run errands and go for my daily walk. ALL of me wants to feel better! Does extra rest really help your cold heal faster?

2. biancaalice profile image59
    biancaaliceposted 6 years ago

Of course. Your body gets to rejuvenate while you rest, it will do the best healing when you are at least 3 hours into your sleep and your body is at it's complete resting state. Pushing yourself to do stuff will put stress out your body even though you think you are helping yourself out. Put your feet up, watch some movies that make you feel good and sip on some Lemon Tea, it's a natural cleanser. You'll be better in no time!

3. jhunpaler profile image74
    jhunpalerposted 6 years ago

Yes. Colds are viral infections that usually hit you one your immune system is down like when you're stress out or down tired. Anything that could improve your immune system could boost you against the common cold. Taking a nap or rest increases your energy and thus shortened colds. Increase fluid intake and some cold remedies could help smile