jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Safe natural home remedies to make teeth whiter?

1. Susan Ng profile image91
    Susan Ngposted 5 years ago

Safe natural home remedies to make teeth whiter?

Only natural ingredients please, no harsh chemicals.

2. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
    aDayInMyLife1posted 5 years ago

My grandmother always told me to brush with baking soda once a month to keep teeth white.

3. profile image0
    Linkusblessposted 5 years ago

You might think this is a bit weird.  But 'oil pulling' will whiten your teeth quite naturally, plus there are a load of other benefits from doing it.  I've been doing it for about a week now and my teeth are noticeably whiter.

http://ruchiurvashi.hubpages.com/hub/Wh … -for-Teeth

4. clairewait profile image89
    clairewaitposted 5 years ago

The best/natural way to make teeth white is not to stain them in the first place.  Drinks such as dark soda, coffee, and red wine all contribute over time to staining teeth yellow.  Additionally, smoking, is probably the worst thing you can do to your teeth.

Any dentist will tell you that "natural and safe" home remedies are mostly ineffective in removing actual yellowing that has built up on teeth over time.  (Most will tell you that over the counter whiteners are also ineffective.)  However, you can prolong the effects of professional whitening treatments by avoiding further staining afterward.

5. My Nurse Says profile image65
    My Nurse Saysposted 5 years ago

Strawberries... and they are in season too!

6. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Natural baking soda can be used more often, the problem is that it can remove enamel. Peroxide combined with it, gives it a boost of whitening power. Dip toothe brush in peroxide, then in baking soda, brush as usual. Do not swallow, and rinse.

working