jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What are some natural home remedies for a cold?

1. Recently Awakened profile image61
    Recently Awakenedposted 5 years ago

What are some natural home remedies for a cold?

2. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 5 years ago

At the first sign of a sore throat, suck on a zinc lozenge. Research has shown that zinc kills viruses in the throat, and will lessen the duration of a cold. Chicken soup, as well as olive leaf extract, as both have been proven to kill viruses, will also help. I have written many articles on this subject. The link is http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/is-it … or-allergy
    For prevention of colds and flu a good multivitamin will cut your amount of sickness per year, by 50% A good multivitamin is vita fusion the product is available through my website. The product link is www.amazom.com/vitafusion-multi-vite-vi … 4H876SFAKI

1. artist101 profile image70
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My website is http://artist101.hubpages.com I have many articles on how to increase immunity, among other recommendations

3. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I take extra vitamin c, drink hot tea and eat chicken soup....it always seems to help! I also drink plenty of water.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

My two favorite and most successful home remedies are chicken broth steeped w garlic and slippery elm tea w/ honey and lemon. These combined w/ ample sleep will get you back on track quickly.

5. snoblet profile image85
    snobletposted 5 years ago

I have used this a few times, its kind of weird but it worked for me on a cold and sore throat, boil coke with ginger, it will taste pretty spicy but after a few mins you'll feel better.

6. padmendra profile image48
    padmendraposted 5 years ago

One day fast only on hot water, luke warm water with lime and honey be taken. Ginger juice in water, basil leaves juice and honey mixed together be taken. Lime juice with water is also helpful. Ten to twenty soaked black raisins and two figs be taken. Vitamin C dominant food is useful.

working