jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are some ways to relax when you are having a sressful day ?

1. Lyrickkw profile image68
    Lyrickkwposted 6 years ago

What are some ways to relax when you are having a sressful day ?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6403748_f260.jpg

2. PRAVIN VAGHANI profile image78
    PRAVIN VAGHANIposted 6 years ago

First analyse and isolate the root cause of the stress. Stree may be caused by economic, social or psychological circumstanses. If the cause of the stress is not easy to remove you have to learn to bear it and thus reduce its effect on you, your thinking, your behaviour. Relaxing the Yoga way is an ideal way to start. Do not take any medicine; that will only make you drowsy, will be like burying the head in the sand to avoid the cause of the stress.

3. profile image0
    Jesshubpagesposted 6 years ago

What I usually do is to have a deep breath, have a walk and drink cold water. I don't watch T.V after a stressful day for it will only agitate my mind.

4. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 6 years ago

I have taken a couple of Yoga classes, and try now to do it at least three times a week at home. It is beneficial exercise for muscles and joints, but most of all it incredibly relaxing. You concentrate on your breathing, the most important aspect of Yoga and your mind leaves the stress and worry of the day behind for a while. I just did some before I saw your question after sitting at my desk for three hours and feel much more relaxed. A class would be be the best waay to start.

5. Greenblood profile image68
    Greenbloodposted 6 years ago

It all depend on the kind of stress you have and what kind of coping mechanism you have. having a warm bath and listening to soft music are more than enough for me to relax at the end of a regular stressful day.

6. Lyrickkw profile image68
    Lyrickkwposted 6 years ago

wow! great answers. As for me I take walks or take short trips to stay stress free. I will try out some of your ideas and let you know who they worked for me! :^)

working