jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think that life is too stressful and if so in what way ?

1. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 5 years ago

Do you think that life is too stressful and if so in what way ?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7701112_f260.jpg

2. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Life is too stressful if you do not know how to handle what comes your way. You could have an extremely stressful position that a strong organizer could handle well. Or your children are out of control and you dig further into that pit of "I don't know what to do". There are different variations of stress and different causes of stress. If you know how to handle each one, your life could function smoother.

3. JCielo profile image86
    JCieloposted 5 years ago

There are many things out there that can get us stressed. But stress really comes from within. It's how we react to people and situations that causes stress, not those external situations. We cannot change people or events, but we can change how we react to them. We need to see each situation for what it is, not what we FEEL it is. We've forgotten how to truly relax and need to rediscover this skill. Don't allow our body's 'stress' response to take control. We need to take that control back and rediscover true contentment.

loveofnightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you for reminding me, for a while there i had forgotten; it is  about the way that we react to those triggers around us.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

For me yes, there is the constant worry of the economy.  To have enough money to provide for yourself and also have good medical care. That is my biggest stressor.

loveofnightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

believe me when i say that you are not alone, i feel it more often then i choose to.

5. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 5 years ago

While it is true that stress really does originate from within- how we react to people and situations- I believe there is more opportunity for people to fall into the trap of getting over-stressed.  People have lost a sense of natural rhythms (wake/sleep cycles, planting time and harvesttime, etc.); there is so much material stuff being presented in front of our face (gotta get the newest...); everything is more, more, more, and faster, faster, faster; and most have lost a deep connection with their Creator, who promised to be our all in all. I believe this is a good recipe for a potentially stressful life.

working