jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would the 'conditions & medications' niche be a profitable & successful one?

1. hinazille profile image83
    hinazilleposted 5 years ago

Would the 'conditions & medications' niche be a profitable & successful one?

Do you think the niche focusing around conditions & medications (both prescription & over the counter meds) would be popular?

I have written a few hubs & need to start honing in on a niche. My two favourite subjects to write about are world affairs & medications, as I am the most knowledgable in these areas...

Do you think this niche would be worth investing time in i.e. would you trust online sources to help you with health concerns?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Profitable? Probably...I recommend beauty products instead..

3. starbright profile image83
    starbrightposted 5 years ago

These niches are a fine line I find, mainly because I only have life experience to guide me and have no background or qualification to write about things such as medications.

I have a website dealing with conditions, weight loss, fitness and so on, but I tend to stay away from medication and instead write more about natural treatments or give an alternative 'self help' method of getting rid of or relieving a given disorder.

As long as we, as website owners or article writers aren't overstepping our boundaries, but are doing good research into various conditions and their treatments, remedies and relief possibilities - without recommending, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Every day people are searching for help with one or another condition - so this is a popular topic and if done well, can be worthwhile pursuing in my experience.

On the other hand medication is another kettle of fish and to my way of thinking, is best left to those who know what they are talking about. There are so many rules and regulations you as a website owner or article writer, have to follow and watch out for - depending on where you're located and these rules can change often. I would be inclined to visit my doctor instead of taking possible pot luck online with medications.

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

Since you are a Pharmacist,  I think the niche you wish to fill is appropriate.

working