jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever experienced vertigo?

1. daborn7 profile image80
    daborn7posted 5 years ago

Have you ever experienced vertigo?

What was the cause of it and did it ever go away?

2. Jenna Pope profile image61
    Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago

I got it after the big 1971 earthquake in Southern California. The doctor called it labrynthitis. It went away on its own, but it sure was strange while I had it!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, years ago I had a virus that left my inner ear damaged and I experienced daily dizziness with occasional bouts of severe vertigo. I was told by the neurologist that it would go away but it would take years.  It did finally get better, and it did take years and years.

It was absolutely terrifying and left me somewhat agoraphobic.

4. tillsontitan profile image89
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

Unforunately more than most as I have Meniere's Disease.  I am forunate in that I only experience episodes and it isn't with me all the time.  It  can last for a few hours or a few days.  Makes me look like a drunken sailor when I try to walk around.

5. justateacher profile image81
    justateacherposted 5 years ago

I suffered from vertigo for a full month last November. At first no one could figure out what was causing it. Finally, it was discovered that I had Benign Paraxomyl Positional Vertigo - simply put, a degeneration of the inner ear...simple maneuvering exercises made mine better...

6. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Yes, I have definitely had vertigo.  I didn't know what was happening to me.  The first time it happened, my daughter was about five years old, and I was tucking her in bed for the night and praying with her, and when I got up, I felt off, like I was way off balance - the room wasn't spinning, it was different from being dizzy.  I went to the doctor, and he told me I was experiencing classic vertigo symptoms, and in his opinion, it was caused by my cold and allergies I was suffering at that time.

Now, if it happens occasionally, I don't worry and it usually passes.  If you're getting dizzy though, that may not be vertigo, and you may need to see a doctor, because if you're getting dizzy, I would get it checked out.