jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you smoke? Have you tried to quit? What is your experience about quitting?

1. usmlefacts profile image58
    usmlefactsposted 6 years ago

Do you smoke?  Have you tried to quit?  What is your experience about quitting?

2. ananceleste profile image72
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

If you ever wonder how smoking became the plague that is today? This 1960's ad will erase all doubts from your mind. read more

3. Blond Logic profile image99
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

No I don't smoke. I have however been around people who have tried to give up. There were various methods tried. Cold turkey, slow reduction with the aid of chewing gun that contains nicotine, and hypnosis . The last resort was shock therapy. The person in question still smokes.

4. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I smoked when I was in my late teens for around 10 years. I wanted to have children and quit smoking a few years before trying for a baby. I was successful and quit smoking for 15 years. Stupidly I started up again four years ago and am desperately trying to quit.

I start a new job on 2nd May which is next week and have set myself a goal to stop smoking on this day.

I found it easy to quit the first time as I had a goal, I wanted children more that I wanted to smoke and this was the incentive. I am finding it a lot harder to quit this time around, but am focusing on the money I will save as cigarettes are £6 per packet. This means that I would save £42 per week. This is what I am thinking about, as the extra money I save could pay for a holiday at the end of the year.

working