jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What one thing could I do today to jump start weight loss?

1. rmcleve profile image81
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

What one thing could I do today to jump start weight loss?

2. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 5 years ago

Exercise at high intensity, eat clean, and vary your routine. Keep your muscles confused. That is the best advice I have to jump start weight loss!

3. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 5 years ago

Change your attitude! That's the best thing you can do to jump start any changes in your life. Don't think of it as "losing weight", think of it as "gaining health". Don't think of it as "exercise", think of it as "fun", because it is smile Don't think of it as "eating healthier", think of it as "eating naturally and normally", because the weird thing is when we eat high carb, high calorie, aggressive tasting foods that don't blend well with our biology - not the other way around. smile

1. rmcleve profile image81
      rmcleveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is a great answer! I totally agree and tend to recommend very similar things to people who ask me this question.

Thank you for sharing, everyone!

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Eat less, excersize more.

5. mamakatz profile image59
    mamakatzposted 5 years ago

Weight training.  We gradually lose muscle mass as we age, and with it our metabolic rate declines, so that even if you change nothing about your eating, weight begins to creep up.  Weight training helps counteract that loss of muscle mass, helping you maintain your metabolic rate and fend off weight gain.

6. GDiBiase profile image75
    GDiBiaseposted 5 years ago

Just knowing you can do it, believing in yourself.

7. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

The one thing I'd tell you to do today is to drink a lot of water. Start flushing out your system.

I like the 'change your attitude' answers, too.