jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you Control Anxiety and Nervousness when Faced with a Problem?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

How do you Control Anxiety and Nervousness when Faced with a Problem?

2. Christofers Flow profile image93
    Christofers Flowposted 5 years ago

The word anxiety has an interesting origin. If we take it back to a root word "angst", it is Germanic and it transfers the idea of fear. Going back further, the word "angst" has existed since the 8th Century, from the Indo-European "angho" which... read more

3. Game Flex profile image62
    Game Flexposted 5 years ago

Usually I don't really get nervous but when I do it always helps to have a good laugh at what ever I can find to be amusing.

4. JustForHearts profile image58
    JustForHeartsposted 5 years ago

Hello!!
    Nervousness and Anxiety both are very natural and common responses to any kind of Problem i.e. Stress. Understand the nature of stress and anxiety a little better, we can focus on eliminating them. The best remedy for anxiety is self-examination and action.
    Here are some easy steps to follow http://justforhearts.org/stress-management/

5. IDONO profile image83
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

I look at the problem and decide if I can change anything that will resolve the issue at hand. If so, I make the changes needed. If not, I have to accept the way things are and move on.   The serenity prayer says the same. Spiritual or not, it's good advice.

6. afriqnet profile image54
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

When I get anxious I try to take depth breaths and also try to control my mind from possible causes of excitement and this helps me eliminate the nervousness. Just don't focus on the issue at hand.

7. jclaffee profile image79
    jclaffeeposted 5 years ago

I workout, really hard. Exercise may not make the problem go away, but it relieves stress and helps me think clearer about the possible solutions.

working