jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Are The Best Ways To Boost Metabolism?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Are The Best Ways To Boost Metabolism?

How can you boost your metabolism?

2. genuineaid profile image67
    genuineaidposted 5 years ago

I believe the best way to boost metabolism is by exercising, but not some weak-sauce exercising, some serious exercising where you'd get tired and very sweaty. smile

Do this daily and maybe couple times a day and you'll see the change immediately.

3. teamrn profile image68
    teamrnposted 5 years ago

I've heard that exercising is the best way to increase metabolism. I've also  hear that water does a fairly good job at increasing your metabolism.

4. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Exercising boosts your metabolism. It builds and tones muscle which requires energy, which means that fat gets broken down to provide the needed energy.

Water doesn't exactly help metabolism but it helps your system clean itself. Sometimes this can help your metabolism as well, it makes your organs work better which means they need more energy.

Basically anything that forces your body to use more energy (even when you're just sleeping) will boost your metabolism.

5. girlgonestrong profile image60
    girlgonestrongposted 5 years ago

Exercise alone isn't enough to boost metabolism unless you're talking about the short-term benefits gleaned during and immediately after the workout.  If you want to stoke your metabolic furnace you need to train with one purpose in mind and that is to build muscle!  Muscle burns fat all day, not just during the workout as is the case with cardio forms of exercise.