jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Where do you go for help? To whom do you turn, and why?

1. buckleupdorothy profile image84
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

Where do you go for help? To whom do you turn, and why?

2. wewillmake profile image59
    wewillmakeposted 5 years ago

If any problem happened to me. First i consult with my family then my friends . They are my everything and i think that they can solve any problem that iam facing.

3. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

My Zen master offers this advice, which I follow. First, turn to ourselves. Whether through prayer or meditation, come to peace, still the mind, ask the question, and be open to an answer.

Second, turn to the wise ones around us - people who have healed similar problems in their own lives. If you don't know such people, then do not turn to friends or family. Using HubPages, find wise people who have lived through the trouble you are facing. Check within your heart and feel a resonance to the truth from another, and make it your own.

4. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

When I need help, I go to my God and Savior, Jesus Christ, because only He can strengthen me, keep me in His perfect peace and protect my heart and mind. Of course because He lives inside of me, I am always seeking Him and His wisdom, guidance and His peace, and because I ask Him for these things, He always provides them for me.
    Surrendering myself to Almighty God, my Creator, is liberating.  I give all of my doubts, fears and insecurities to the only One who knows me completely, who knows what is going on inside of me, and what I may be struggling with in my daily circumstances.  Jesus said to give all of our burdens to Him, because He cares for us.  Because I belong to Jesus and am His daughter, He lives inside of me and does His perfect Will in me and through me.  I don't need to keep fretting over things....once I have poured out my heart to Him, and have asked Him to take over and orchestrate everything, I can relax........because He is in control!!!

In addition, I talk to my closest friends, my grown children and my dad about important issues and decisions.  Their feelings about things are very important to me, because I want them to know what is going on in my life, because they are my family and friends.  They are wonderful and so very supportive, and accept me for who I am and the feelings I have, and that is wonderful.

5. shara63 profile image69
    shara63posted 5 years ago

to my Lord God in my prayers....to turn to where we are come from where he has promised us to send back & spend another life hereafter as per our deeds in this life!

6. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

when i need advice, i turn to my dad, when i need help, i pray to God, Frankly speaking, God had answered my prayer sometimes. I was grateful.