Whom do you Love Most after GOD ?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (47 posts)
  1. wqaindia profile image38
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

Whom do you Love Most after GOD ? Father, Mother, Wife, Son, Daughter , Nation, Friends .How much time this Love is going to Last long. Do you expect something in return for your Love?  Brief Answer in not more than three sentences.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

my kids.

wqaindiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Highly Complex. Will you like your the same answer from kids when they have kids smile.

1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not very complex at all, is it? I would love for my kids to love God first, their spouses 2nd and their children 3rd... Actually, I would love for them to love all of mankind, but I don't think you meant a blanket kind of love. You meant an intense kind of love.

The awesome thing about love is there is no limit to the amount of ppl we can love. Some men's wheels are already turning... "Good cause my secretary looks like she could use some lovin'." haha, that's not what I mean. Romantic love has a few boundaries, but love itself is limitless.

You are absolutely correct. I meant Love from the core of heart - self less Love -  with no feeling of possessiveness smile

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me big_smile

3. bBerean profile image61
      bBereanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Knowing I could not keep it to 3 sentences, I resisted responding, but decided to apologize in advance for the longer than requested post, and answer anyway.  wink

God, child, spouse, then extended family, (parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, inlaws, friends, etc.).   True love is not conditional, and therefore would never end.  People I love who do not reciprocate damage our relationship and hamper, if not suspend our interaction, but my love remains and if they needed me I would help them if I could.  Those expecting anything in exchange for their "love" are unfortunate because what they are calling love is really a negotiated contract or expectation, which is therefore tenuous and insecure.  If you find yourself wondering if you are getting equitable value for your "love" investment, that is not love at all.

Very True. True Love is Self Less.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would like to focus on one particular statement; "True love is not conditional" to show how the OP and everyone's responses here are a contradiction to that statement.

A 'condition' is defined simply as "a restricting, limiting, or modifying circumstance or a situation with respect to circumstances."

You are indeed setting conditions by listing in order of preference the love you share. Stating that you have expectations of reciprocation for your shared love is also a condition. In other words, your shared love IS conditional.

The reason for that is because religions like Christianity have devalued the meaning of love to the point it has lost all of it's meaning. The OP and this thread are hard evidence to support that fact.

I would challenge all those who responded here to have a good hard look deep into the eyes of your loved ones and honestly tell yourself you have conditions for your love of them. You can't do it. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Actually, there is a utube. Maybe I'll work up the energy to find it. Or maybe not.

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

I don't think I could choose between my husband, my grown children, or my grandkids.

4. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

Those that I love are far too many people who I have never met. People who dared to face down their abusers in an atmosphere of total hopelessness such as the slaves and those brave individuals who stepped out of their comfort zone and said NO to the inhumanity of the 40s and the 60s.

5. dmvjane profile image58
    dmvjaneposted 11 years ago

I love myself. I believe that through loving myself I can express love well to my parents and siblings.

6. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 11 years ago

How can any moral person state that they love an imaginary God more than they love their precious little ones?

7. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 11 years ago

This was a great experiment and what it shows is that when the super-ego is left unchecked by the ego people will say anything to get good standing with their peers. Expressing more love for a fictitious God than ones own child is an example. You should also be aware that the God of the bible doesn't have unconditional love for people. He places conditions when he limits heaven to only certain people.

1. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And the God of the OT is an irascible, severe psychopath....deserving nothing but scorn from anyone considering himself to be moral...yet we are to love Him more than our own children...???  Where is the disconnect?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You guys better stop reading the bible. get your nose out of that book... you just can't handle it. it is psychologically damaging to you... and has actually already damaged you. Ya gotta be strong to read that book. It is a no no for  both of you atheists. I love God. HA! I love ALL that GOD has created. If you want to perceive GOD, go find an 8 month old human baby... any one will do... and just observe that baby for as long as you can... You will find God... You will love God. You will believe in GOD!

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

I think I finally get it now. Thank you, Kathryn, you've opened my eyes to a much bigger world. Why didn't I see that before.

God is poop in a diaper!

1. profile image0
            Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

2. getitrite profile image72

God bless you!

2. getitrite profile image72

In other words, we need to see things the way all these delusional Christians see them? 

When I look at an 8 month old baby, all I see is an 8 month old baby.  The fact that you can look at an 8 month old baby and see an imaginary being is cause for great concern.

No I said observe. I mean observe very objectively without feelings of how cute or how poopy or how hard it is to take care of, or how many nights of sleep the parents are deprived of during the first three years. No, just watch in a non subjective way. If you try to follow the baby for too long you will get exhausted... I mean really... it is very interesting to watch a baby in the process of incarnating into his body through his senses and body sensations. It must be done as a scientist, observing his specimen...
            O b s e r v e  a baby!

Ok, I have had time to observe a baby, and I still don't see any imaginary beings.  I observed the baby just as objectively as possible, but still no sign of any imaginary deities.  This probably just doesn't work, unless one replaces objective observation with subjective observation....which is nothing but mere conjecture in this case.

Perhaps I will try objectively observing a baby horse the next time.  Maybe that'll work.   
              http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/treante/emoticon/blacy%20smilies/shocked.gif

-yes, that would also work. smile
                There are no imaginary deities involved, BTW!
                The assignment is to watch, as objectively as possible,(no imagining allowed,) the will to live, the joy of life and the percolating animating principle behind life, itself.  It is the most evident in the very young. Without a strong sense of joy and will to live (as implanted within them by nature) they would die.

Your opinion is based on nothing but conjecture.

2. profile image0

I've got three of my own, but while I think it's an amazing process it's also thee process. If you ever what to do a reality check just go down to your nearest child hospital and has a look around at the ill children. Are you worshiping a God that allows children to die a painful slow death?

No, Rad Man.  So, go to the hospital and see, that despite their problems, the children smile, they love, they are exhibiting spirit unaffected by their problems.  That percolating ever new joy despite all problems is evidence of the spirit of God indwelling. I only respond because I like to share.

1. profile image0

I am quite convinced of my viewpoints, so why would you try to convince ME otherwise? You know my views by now.

This is a two way street.

Spouting that children with cancer and their parents don't suffer is either delusional or a lie.

Are you anti-God?  What is someone called when they are against God? or angry with God. I just realized you may not be an atheist at all.
                    Actually there are probably more reasons to love God than not to! just depends on what you choose to focus on. You and I have opposite focuses!  Would you agree with that?
                    I would.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

LOL. Sorry, but happy children is not evidence for gods. That is just plain ridiculous.

2. profile image52
                Robertr04posted 11 years agoin reply to this

So you think the Father is at fault for the illnesses we and our children get? Just when should we be concerned about weaknesses in the childs body, which make it susceptible to disease? The time we start preparing to build a strong immune system in the child is many months before conception. If, however, that is too late and the child is here and sick at the time, we have to work on the present cause; but this effort could have been avoided had we started a few generations back. Over the past several generations, catering to our taste buds has pulled us away from eating wholesome foods. We have now switched over to the processed merchandise (we can hardly call this food), to not only pamper the taste bud, but eliminate a lot of time in food preparation. Through processing our food we have depleated it of many minerals, vitamins, natural fiber, etc., and have wound up with junk materials that are not fit for man or beast. With each generation that pulls away from wholesome food, we add insult to injury by weakening our children, who pass the same weakenesses on to their children. As our society becomes more modern the problem gets even worse as more inorganic additives (and in many instances cancer causing preservatives) are being used. It is almost like a new challenge. Lets preserve the food stuffs, not the people! A child could live without fear of sickness of crippling disease if he had, in the beginning, a good strong body. Disease germs are scavengers and can live only on weak wasting-away cells, excess mucus, and toxic conditions. Never can germs thrive in a healthy and clean cell structure. Prior to marriage (or whenever planning to have children) is the time to set the stage for the healthy offsprings to follow. Prepare the parent-to-be to live for abundant health so they will be able to have healthy children. Put the blame where it belongs.

I would agree with this... totally.

2. profile image0

I don't think God is at fault because there is no God, I know this because no loving God would allow this suffering. So all we have to do is eat better and all cancer would disappear.

Nonsense. My point is when someone says you need to look at life to see God, you can also look at the cruelty of life to see the lack of God.

1. profile image52

I think they may have meant, to look at life ( everything living) is to see the existence of the Father. Of course, if you don't believe in something, you can't expect results from that something, and that something can be anything. Believers have a tendency to ask Him for all these miracles when He gave them principles to live by, be healthy by, and get well by and they did not follow them. Go figure. But it would be foolish of me to get into that with someone who does not believe. There is nothing we could say to each other that would change our positions and as an esteemed member of the forums (JCL) brought to another's (and mine) attention, bringing the Father into it will just keep possibly good information from being digested or even recognized. I save my spiritual debates (for the most part) for fellow believers. As far as eating better, it's a great start. 90% of all dis-ease begins in the bowel. That means the dinner table is the main culprit. Along with our environment, the dirty air, filthy, polluted water, contaminated soil, chemical pesticides and fertilizers, genetically modified foods, all man-made. The blame is still ours. Detoxify (cleanse) the body's systems properly, oxyginate, bring your body pH in balance, proper diet, drink clean water, exercise, proper rest, and you won't get sick. Cancer is merely cell deteriation (manufactured from our putrid body condition). It's an acidic condition of the body, as all dis-ease is. Check it out. Anytime you are sick, your body is acid. You start to correct dis-ease, by removing the acidic condition, from a cellular level.

8. Lumitare profile image60
    Lumitareposted 11 years ago

I would have to say that I love myself first. smile Even before God because I don't really believe in him. Because if one doesn't love herself first, there is not enough love to love others. Then I love my parents most because they have give me life. After that I love my fiancé most because he just is the most wonderful person in the world.

9. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 11 years ago

My cat Tiggy!

10. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 11 years ago

Mother and then Father.
    Mothers always sacrifice a lot, for the happiness of her husband and children. A mother has an undetectable bond with her child. She always does her best, to make her family happy.
    Fathers usually go to jobs, and return home for dinner, and that's usually the case in almost every family. Yes, fathers do care about their children, but cannot do many things, like the mother can to her child.

1. profile image52

You missed the point. You are talking about after conception, after birth, after illness. I am talking about during the (should be) planning stage. Long before any of the afore mentioned happens. If you and your spouse are healthy, not just starting to try and do the right things during pregnacy, but making a healthy way of life a way of life, many months before and continuing after conception, pregnacy, and birth, who goes to work and who stays home will not matter health wise smile Even possibilities from genetics, if you know what they are, can be avoided. The father-to-be, if his reproductive organs are in good clean healthy condition, the seed for conception will be an improvement over seed of questionable quality. Exactly as for the female, a proper mucusless diet and reproductive organ rebuilding will be an asset to the future family and another aid in preventing childhood diseases. Again, all this starts many months in advance. Good health is simple, not necessarily easy (it requires discipline), but amazingly simple.

11. Vacation Trip profile image73
    Vacation Tripposted 11 years ago

My Parents as they are the only one who supports me all the time.

12. Santiniketan profile image61
    Santiniketanposted 11 years ago

I love my mom, she is everything to me, Today in life where am i now only because for her.

13. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 11 years ago

I love no God....but I love my Family!

14. sen.sush23 profile image61
    sen.sush23posted 11 years ago

Love is never unconditional. The condition is the feeling you get in being in love, or loving. So, it springs from 'me' and I love myself most. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)