jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you expect something in return from a person to whom you do a help?

1. LensMan999 profile image53
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Do you expect something in return from a person to whom you do a help?

Some people always wish for benefits even while doing a favour. Why are they so?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8125499_f260.jpg

2. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I don't expect anything from anyone I help or have helped in the past for me it is just a nice gesture to help another in need. They are so because  they were raised that way or feel they deserve more from their good deed.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I think it all depends on how often one finds them self helping a person. Generally speaking I would not expect a "tit for tat" for every single favor I've done but when or if it comes time that I needed a favor I would be very disappointed if I was not granted a favor when it was clearly within their means to grant it.

4. Darksage profile image78
    Darksageposted 4 years ago

It's normal to expect something back if you help. We are selfish people at a selfish time. When we help we actually do it because we know that there will always be a reward. Anyways, as long as people continue to do good, selfish or any other reason why they do it, life will be okay.

5. jdw7979 profile image79
    jdw7979posted 4 years ago

It is common for people to expect something in return for a favor or such. Then again, many humans expect something for nothing too. The human condition is flawed. However, I believe many, many people do things out of the goodness of their hearts, also because of karma. Sometimes you may want a favor returned and other times may not.. I guess situations dictate some of this as well. Just be good people and help your fellow man, and in the long run you will be rewarded in some aspect- just try not to expect any. It can be tough!

6. erorantes profile image51
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

No never. unless it is work. I get pay. When I help someone for a favor . I do it for no return favor. Usually someone else help me with another favor in return. It is good energy coming back.

7. zanaworld profile image66
    zanaworldposted 4 years ago

My help is unconditional.  I don't expect anything from the person whom I have help.  If I expect something from somebody in lieu of my help, then it is business.

8. Krista Schnee profile image80
    Krista Schneeposted 4 years ago

I must admit that when I was younger I did expect some return on my goodwill. However, as I have gotten older, I realized that expecting something in return is not the reason for extending kindness. When someone is suffering or in need, then we should help them if possible. Extending a hand up and sharing information is also beneficial to others. I think it's only natural for us as human beings to want recognition for our kindness, but we have to get beyond that.

9. toptendeals profile image81
    toptendealsposted 4 years ago

No,  but at the same time I try not to ask for help because I don't want to feel indebted to someone.

10. Mercia Collins profile image74
    Mercia Collinsposted 4 years ago

I help people because I want to, not because I expect something in return. Kindness is something you should give freely.

11. Nourhan Yousef profile image60
    Nourhan Yousefposted 4 years ago

You do help others because of who you are and not because you want something in return. I think that's what I feel or expect.

12. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

I would help someone in need at anytime but I wouldn't expect any pay back as I believe if someone needs help and I can help, I will do my best to help without expecting something in return.

working