How do I tone up ALL my abdominal muscles after a cesarean type operation?

1. landscapeartist profile image76
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

How do I tone up ALL my abdominal muscles after a cesarean type operation?

18 years ago I had an operation with a cesarean incision. My muscles looked normal for a time, until I had my son 12 1/2 yrs ago.  I was going to a gym to work out but it's hard.  I can tone up the abdominal muscles above the incision but the muscles under the incision down to my pelvis has gone flabby.  I look gross and it is really depressing.  Does anyone know what I can do to work those lazy muscles?

2. toomuchmint profile image73
    toomuchmintposted 5 years ago

Pole dancing!  It works all the abdominal muscles, including the hip flexor muscles in the lower part of your pelvis.

Other than pole dancing, almost any hip flexor exercise will do.

A web search for hip flexor exercises will turn up lots of results. One of my favorite exercises is leg raises- I learned it in a dance class, and it's stuck with me.

I lie on my back, extend my arms over my head and grab ahold my my dance pole. Legs are flat on the floor, so the body forms a straight line from hands to ankles.  For each repetition, I lift my legs off the floor from the hips (so the legs remain straight), and try to touch my feet to the pole.  Then I lower my feet almost to the ground and repeat.

It's a simple (not easy) exercise that works the entire range of ab muscles at once!

1. landscapeartist profile image76
      landscapeartistposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you toomuchmint.  i will try that.

working