jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

From the 5 proven senses which one do you value the most?

1. profile image47
    pat88posted 5 years ago

From the 5 proven senses which one do you value the most?

Ive spent most if my life with someone whom only has partial hearing in one ear. It got me thinking how hard it must be for some people and how like most people I probably dont appreciate them as much as I should.

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i value sight over all other senses. i don't hear the best due to years of working around power tools but if i lost my vision, life would become almost meaningless.

3. Bretsuki profile image80
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

Hello pat88, since going blind a couple of years ago I have become pretty dependant on my hearing.

Touch is also quite important, but no I don't read Braille. My white cane gives me a lot of feedback through my fingers as to the surface I am walking on, but you'd probably be amazed as to the amount of audio feedback it gives me too. After a few weeks I was able to know my way around just by listening to the sound of my cane on the sidewalk. Yes believe it or not sidewalks sound different in all parts of my town. Sound also tells me of possible dangers of cars and trucks. Wind rustling a trees leaves can mark junctions or a turn into my driveway.

So for me, hearing is now my most important sense, but it would be nice to be able to see a book now and again too.

1. profile image47
      pat88posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thats truely remarkable. Like i mentioned above i think we take these things for granted. I only joined this site recently and it was to share opinions and perspectives with people whom i wouldnt normally get to. Your a credit to the human spirit

4. Jmillis2006 profile image59
    Jmillis2006posted 5 years ago

I think it would be a tough choice between sight and sound, I can only imagine how hard it would be to live with out being able to see or hear what is going on around me.