jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Which of your five senses arouses the greatest emotional response

1. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Which of your five senses arouses the greatest emotional response

What of your five senses: sight, hearing, touching, tasting or smelling, arouses you greatest emotional response?    Something you see, or hear, to touch - what?

2. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

For me it is the sense of smell. I have always instinctively associated certain people with their scents, in particular my family members. And certain other smells have the ability to bring me surges of emotion and nostalgia, even amorous feelings.

Tusitala Tomposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It it said that women have a better sense of smell than men and I'm inclined to go along with that.  However, do recall being struck with an instant and terrible fear when I sensed a particular smell that had caused me a to fear decades ealier.

3. myefforts profile image80
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

I think sense of sight and hearing work together to arouse an emotional response.

4. Harishprasad profile image82
    Harishprasadposted 4 years ago

I hold hearing among these the most powerful. Just say a word not to the liking of even to the dearest of you and you will face a barrage of retaliatory equivalent and even a long and unending argument over it. Sometimes a few humiliating words make the friction constant for a whole life, such is the power of hearing, the most potent in both ways,good or bad.

Tusitala Tomposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hearing, yes!   But surely it is the words heard?   Coul dyou not get the same from someone writing you a nasty letter?   But you are right.  A few words of praise or a put-down can change a whole person's life.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

For me, I am very sight oriented. For example if I hear a lecture, I am not likely to glean as much information as if I can listen and follow with text. Yes, I would say for me sight arouses the greatest emotional response.

6. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

Smell and touch run hand in hand with me.  Something that smells so delicious will distract me, and then I'm ripe for the picking!  Wait, that sounds a little racy.  Just hand me a double cheeseburger and shake my hand and we're good.

7. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 4 years ago

For me it would be my sense of sight, especially when I'm looking at the rising or setting sun or a star filled sky. Seeing unbelievable beauty simply takes my breath away.

working