jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best exercise to help reduce shoulder pain due to working on the com

1. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 5 years ago

What is the best exercise to help reduce shoulder pain due to working on the computer?

I spend quite allot of time on my computer and even though I follow the recommended posture etc, I still experience stiffness in my shoulders and pain. Any recommendations on how to overcome this problem?

2. snoblet profile image83
    snobletposted 5 years ago

When you are in one position the body will stiffen and when you move it will be painful when it is prolong.  Best thing to do is to stretch every now and then to avoid this.  But as far as an exercise to cure this, I really don't think there is one, otherwise it would be pretty well known.  That's my opinion anyway.

3. tamron profile image70
    tamronposted 5 years ago

Here is an article that explains 2 techniques on how to get rid of pain in your back and between the shoulders.  http://tamron.hubpages.com/hub/HowtoMas … ourOwnBack This technique works great it takes a little practice to find your own pressure points but once you do you get instant relief and best of all its safe and will not cause further injuries.

4. vveasey profile image85
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

massage your shoulders. Apply a heating pad to the affected area. Take nsaids for the pain.

5. aDayInMyLife1 profile image89
    aDayInMyLife1posted 5 years ago

I have a similar problem and have been told to stretch, take frequent breaks and use a light weight (like a 1.5 lb weight) and do range of motion exercises on the effected shoulder, up, down, front, back, and circular motions both forward and backward. Good luck.

6. simichacko profile image55
    simichackoposted 5 years ago

Better sit straight keeping a raised position for your left elbow  so that while you work with your right hand , it will not cause much effort on your left side. Also, try to give rest  to your hands in between. There are very good herbal massage oils to relieve you from the pain  and stiffness.