jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Comment or not acknowledge someone passing gas next to you?

1. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Comment or not acknowledge someone passing gas next to you?

A complete stranger or your own family......can you really disreguard?....I just can't!  I laugh every time....I don't know why!  Why do I get such a kick out of this?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

REGARDLESS.....family, friend or stranger.  I just walk away in total disgust.  This is a totally rude and highly unacceptable thing for anyone to do.......

1. Michele Travis profile image69
      Michele Travisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol, so does my daughter,  she covers her nose with her shirt!

3. MarleneB profile image97
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

I don't comment. I just walk away. Most people are embarrassed when it happens, so your laughter probably offers some level of comfort.

Some cultures think this is totally fine. It is a "natural" bodily function. I just walk away because I don't want to be next to the person with that odor up my nose.

Some people are just rude and pop them out because they like the attention. I find myself squinting my eyes at them, still just walking away.

A lot of people do laugh, but I don't remember ever laughing at something like that. I'm overly concerned about how I'm going to avoid the smell. To me it is rated the same as second hand smoke.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I say nothing. I think saying something would be just as rude as they are.

5. profile image58
    Brianna Stuartposted 5 years ago

LOL I just think this question is funny. :] I hate when people fart and don't warn me... -_-
    I have to leave, it irritates me... and my nose.

6. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

It depends on who is doing the gassing. If it's a friend or a family member, I'll rib them to no end. I'd expect no less from them. People pass gas all the time and, especially as we get older - as I'm finding out - it's a little harder to control. If someone is genuinely embarrassed about it, I'll make a comment about how s**t happens. They usually get over it pretty quickly.

Hi. My name is Georgie. I'm 41 years old. And I think farts are funny. Thank you for listening.

7. yeagerinvestments profile image86
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

My mother in-law is notorious for doing this. She doesn't care where she's at or who's around. She just says, excuse me, sorry. Sometimes I just laugh at her and other times it's irritating because my wife and I are currently living with her for another month..lol.  Otherwise I laugh, especially when it happens in church or in  the middle of a quiet group of people..I'm immature, I know.