jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe in "Prepping"?

1. phion profile image60
    phionposted 5 years ago

Do you believe in "Prepping"?

From a go bag to underground bunkers, more and more people are preparing for adverse situations. Are they smart or silly? If you have prepped, to what level have you prepared?

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Yes, I am a prepper. I see nothing silly about being prepared for a worst case type situation. As a mother I see being unprepared as being silly. I am not planning on zombies. I think it is much more likely to have the USA government cause a civil war than have dead people come back to life. Our government has shown that it is not capable of handling very much. We have a bug out bag in the car, one for each family member in the house, water to last for at least a month, guns, and a location to go if something does happen.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't believe the government will collapse us into chaos.  Having said that, I do believe being prepared for dire circumstances is important.  It could be as simple as a huge weather phenomenon with power outages etc.

I think having supplies for emergency situations is always a good idea.  How far we carry this is up to personal preference.  It's even a good idea to have some extra food set aside in storage in case you have a financial hardship one month etc.  You really can't be hurt by having things set aside...as long as it doesn't become an obsession.

I have prepared in a minimal way for catastrophe.

4. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

It is silly in some situations- a friend of a friend's sister is hardcore prepping for a zombie apocalypse. She's quit her job, lost some friends, and prepping is all she does. Its ridiculous! But like the comments below say, prepping for natural disasters and things like that is a good idea anyway. Everyone should have non-perishable food, lots of water, flashlights, etc. No one can predict if and exactly what will happen if a catastrophic event occurs, but there are little things to do just in case anything bad happens.