jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do YOU believe is a healthy view of exercise?

1. jclaffee profile image80
    jclaffeeposted 5 years ago

What do YOU believe is a healthy view of exercise?

Some people workout because they are obssesed with their body. Others are fearful of health problems and often take unnecessary and uneducated measures in an effort to avoid medical issues. What do YOU  think is the best motivation for exercise?

2. Mama Kim 8 profile image92
    Mama Kim 8posted 5 years ago

I like to base it on endurance. If during the day I feel weak I know I need to exercise more. If I get tired to quick running around with my kids then I know I need to bump up my cardio and some strength training in my legs. If I have a hard time lifting something I feel like I shouldn't have a problem with then its definitely a sign to me I need to increase my upper body and back strength.

3. profile image0
    Hubdooblrposted 5 years ago

This is a hard one to answer. Personally, I do it for the health benefits, and because I want to have a long life with my family. Even then however, it's still difficult to wake my lazy @SS up at 4:30 every morning and get to the gym.

4. profile image0
    Elijahokelleyposted 5 years ago

I think a medium between working out for health and looks is effective. It allows for an individual to achieve the muscles and physical looks that they may desire to have while simultaneously providing great health benefits. However, too much focus on physical appearance can lead to unhealthy workout practices and prove to be counterproductive.

5. profile image50
    Yonder Moonposted 5 years ago

Finding a sport that you enjoy and do that on a regular basis. At school, I never enjoyed any of the conventional activities we did for PE, but outside of college I've begun practicing yoga. Because I really enjoy it, I naturally want to do it regularly and like challenging myself without it feeling like a responsibility or a chore. I think this kind of attidude is healthy as opposed to paying loads for the membership of the artifice of the gym - which is what I find loads of teenagers my age like to do - because they care so much of their body image and feel its a responsibily to attend to.