jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you treat a sore muscle using a natural remedy?

1. Recently Awakened profile image60
    Recently Awakenedposted 5 years ago

How do you treat a sore muscle using a natural remedy?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Place an ice pack on overworked muscles after a heavy workout
    Drink lots water during a workout or sports activity to hydrate the body
    Warm up properly before your workout and remember to cool down afterwards to reduce the temperature of your muscles
    Stretch each muscle group gently for at least 60 seconds before and after your workout
    Massage the affected area to soothe tired muscles
    Increase your intake of supplements such as vitamin B, magnesium, potassium and calcium to strengthen muscles
    Know your limits and listen to your body, if your muscles are sore – stop exercising!

3. ThompsonPen profile image77
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

personally, I have a lot of back problems from my job, and I find it really helpful to take a hot bath with Epsom salts and lavender oil in it. the lavender is really good for sore muscles, as is the Epsom salts, they both get right in there.

4. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 5 years ago

For sore muscles, the best is magnesium, orally, and topically. Soak in epsom salt, they also make magnesium in gel form. You just rub it on wherever the soarness is, and it works right where it hurts. Other recommendations are icy hot. Yes it works, contains menthol. For sprains Rice- rest, ice, compression, elevate. For other recommendations see my article, http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Natur … ney-Stones

5. profile image51
    kneepainreliefdocposted 5 years ago

Apply Tincture of Arnica, available at most health food store.

working