jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

What is a natural remedy to ease aching joints?

1. Pamela-anne profile image79
    Pamela-anneposted 6 years ago

What is a natural remedy to ease aching joints?

My arm joints and hands are aching on a daily basis; I was looking for a natural remedy that might ease the ache.  I am trying to stay away from synthetic drugs that always seem to come with side effects that can sometimes be just as bad as the original ailment.

2. jasmith1 profile image84
    jasmith1posted 6 years ago

I have heard that avoiding overly acidic food such as citrus fruit and tomatoes (among others) and I imagine lots of less healthy acidic food stuff (caffeine etc) helps alleviate joint aches. Also, increasing Omega 3 and 3 can be helpful. I hope you find some relief.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub on natural remedies for arthritis which you may find helpful.  Glucosamine is a great supplement to get started with.  Also, you may have inflammation in your body sort of "in general" so eating a diet filled with foods that fight inflammation and avoiding ones that exacerbate it will also be a good start for you.  Cherry juice as well is good for joint pain/arthritis.  There are many things you can do.  Good luck.

4. sunasia22 profile image70
    sunasia22posted 6 years ago

Among fruits, bananas are considered to be the best for the joints as they provide strength and grease to the joints.
    Carrot juice is also highly beneficial as it strenthens the ligaments.

5. Pamela-anne profile image79
    Pamela-anneposted 6 years ago

Thanks so much Christin for the info I've never heard of cherry juice but I know I love cherries thanx!

6. lex123 profile image67
    lex123posted 6 years ago

I have read that Flax seed, which is high in omega 3 fats, is very helpful in relieving joint pains.  It can be taken in either of these ways -

1) simply take one tablespoon of Flax Seed 3 times daily.
    2) Flax seed oil can be used for bread, muffin, cereal or any other food.

While heating the oil, its omega 3 reduces, and hence it precaution should be taken not to heat it.

Hope you will find it useful.

7. pinto2011 profile image78
    pinto2011posted 6 years ago

I have written a hub about this, apart from natural remedies one should try to keep those body parts warm, as it is the cold which is the enemy of our joints.

8. pedrn44 profile image93
    pedrn44posted 6 years ago

Joint pain is a very common health issue that affects the quality of life of millions of people around the world. Whereas medication will treat the symptoms there are supplements that can decrease inflammation and pain and improve joint health. read more

9. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7765723_f260.jpg

Avoid the night shade family of vegetables, they increase pain and inflammation. Peppers, egg plant, potatoes, and tomatoes. Increase the omega 3 fatty acids, such as krill oil, (no fishy burps). Two very effective natural anti inflammatories include red tart cherries, and turmeric. Turmeric is available in supplement form, and cherries are available in a dried form, eat them often. They contain the same Cox 2 inhibitors as many of the nsaids. Hope this helps:)
    http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Natur … ney-Stones

1. artist101 profile image70
      artist101posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the best answer vote smile I hope it helps

10. conradofontanilla profile image83
    conradofontanillaposted 4 years ago

Pamela-anne,
    Joints are attacked by free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS). They cause inflammation of synovial fluid. Free radicals and ROS are neutralized by antioxidants. Cherry is an antioxidant. Noni juice is an antioxidant with a tranquilizer effect.

working