jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you feel about the death penalty?

1. profile image50
    Whittneyposted 5 years ago

How do you feel about the death penalty?

As long as a person undoubtedly committed a murder or other type of heinous crime I believe they should get the death penalty.  Why waste more of tax payers money giving them free shelter, free meals, etc.

2. Richard Craig profile image76
    Richard Craigposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure about the deadth penalty.  To me it seems like an escape route.  But at the same time I think it may be viable.  For example, if someone is serving a sentence for murder and they're locked away with their demons, would they be able to control them or be consumed by them? Apparently most offenders offend again. The current system is broken.  Maybe they should earn their way by giving back to the community.

1. profile image50
      Whittneyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree they definitly need to give back to the communities.

3. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 5 years ago

I believe an eye for an eye but somehow people feel sorry for these people.  Im not saying eveyone in prison is guilty but the ones that are evident need to die just like they killed.  Then there is the appeal process.  Why are they allowed to appeal the decision ten times and it still be denied.  That is just wasting more of taxpayers dollars to keep them housed.  Yes the death penalty cost a lot of money to carry out but I dont think people who do horrible murders should be allowed to live.  Its just not right.  Especially if they are young and spend 80 years in prison.  What are they learning anyway.  They dont feel bad for what they did so why should we keep them.  My suggestion is instead of sending soldiers to fight a war send these murderers that love to kill to be shot up.  They would get their due dues.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I used to be against it.  As I have aged and seen child after child kidnapped and killed, and people going berserk and killing innocent people =- I have reconsidered it and now believe it is a viable option with the caveat that there is no doubt of guilt.  My biggest fear in this debate is that an innocent person could be put to death.

working